CCIE Data Center 350-080 V1.0 WRITTEN EXAM ESSENTIALS – Cisco Data Center Architecture, Products, Unified I/O and Platform Selection
- June 21, 2016
- Posted by: Paul Adam
- Category: CCIE DC 400-151 V2.1
In a series of blog posts, I will go over each of the Cisco’s official blueprint sections for CCIE DC 350-080 V1.0 written exam and call out the very essential topics and knowledge base that are must-know for passing the exam. Please note that all of our CCIE Written Exam Cert Study Guides include similar exam essentials at the end of each chapter to reinforce key concepts for our readers.
I hope that you find them useful!
- Higher performance, high availability and unified I/O make Cisco Nexus 7K a fit solution for data center core.
- Fundamental concepts behind data center evolution are consolidation, automation and virtualization.
- For N7K-F2XX modules, the interfaces must be assigned explicitly into a VDC otherwise they will be allocated to VDC0 by default
- If a module doesn’t match the resource types configured for a given VDC, all interfaces for that module will be assigned to VDC0
- VDC system MAC address is carved out from a range assigned to SPROM of the system backplane
- In case of redundant supervisors, one IP address is shared by supervisors that can be used for remote access via management0 or out of band (OOB) management port
- In order to enable system wide jumbo frame support on Nexus 2K/5K, you must configure it using the system qos
- EPLD upgrade, ISSU, FCoE, CoPP, and ACL capture enablement can only be done from within admin or default VDCs. SNMP, rollback configuration and write erase etc. can be performed within all VDCs
- With conversational MAC learning, the interface learns only the source MAC address of an ingressing frame if that interface already has the destination MAC address present in the MAC address table. If the source MAC address interface does not already know the destination MAC address, it does not learn that MAC address
- Standard VDCs cannot share interfaces, VLANs, or interfaces inside VRFs
- “switchto <VDC>” CLI can be used by network admin to switch a different VDC and become its administrator
- Nexus 7000 F1 series modules (e.g. N7K-F132XP-15) only supports FCoE and FabricPath features. MPLS, OTV, LISP, and VXLAN, as an example, are not supported.
How useful was this post?