CCIE R&S 400-101 V5.1 Written Exam: Describe Spanning-tree ConceptsPaul Adam
In this article, I will be discussing Cisco Describe Spanning-tree Concepts as part of Layer 2 Technologies and LAN Switching Technologies CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 exam blueprint topics.
LAN Switching Technologies
- Describe Spanning-tree Concepts
- Compatibility between MST and RSTP
- STP dispute, STP bridge assurance
Let me summarize some of the key takeaways related to Describe Spanning-tree Concepts as relevant to CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 written exam blueprint topics.
Describe Spanning-tree Concepts Exam Essentials
- Alternate port role corresponds to the blocking state of 802.1D.
- An alternate port receives more useful BPDUs from another bridge and is a port blocked.
- With Bridge Assurance enabled, BPDUs are sent out on all operational network ports in both directions, including alternate and backup ports, for each hello time period.
- By default, RSTP uses topology change TC flag. It also doesn’t use separate TCN BPDU when interoperating with another switching running 802.1D.
I sincerely hope that you found this article and video helpful. Please post your questions or suggestions in the comments and tell me how you are preparing for your CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 written and lab exams.