CCIE R&S 400-101 V5.1 Written Exam: Implement and Troubleshoot PPPPaul Adam
In this article, I will be discussing Cisco Implement and Troubleshoot PPP as part of Layer 2 Technologies and Layer 2 WAN circuit technologies CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 exam blueprint topics.
Layer 2 WAN circuit technologies
- Implement and troubleshoot PPP
- Authentication [PAP, CHAP]
Let me summarize some of the key takeaways related to Implement and Troubleshoot PPP as relevant to CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 written exam blueprint topics.
Implement and Troubleshoot PPP Exam Essentials
- CHAP authentication method depends on a “secret” known only to the authenticator and the peer. CHAP secret is never sent over wire.
- The PPP Endpoint Discriminator Option represents identification of the system transmitting the packet. This option advises a system that the peer on this link could be the same as the peer on another existing link (RFC 1990).
- Initial CHAP challenge packet includes both name of the challenger and packet type ID.
I sincerely hope that you found this article and video helpful. Please post your questions or suggestions in the comments and tell me how you are preparing for your CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 written and lab exams.