CCIE R&S 400-101 V5.1 Written Exam: Implement and Troubleshoot Switch AdministrationPaul Adam
In this article, I will be discussing Cisco Implement and Troubleshoot Switch Administration as part of Layer 2 Technologies and LAN Switching Technologies CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 exam blueprint topics.
LAN Switching Technologies
- Implement and Troubleshoot Switch Administration
- Managing MAC address table
- errdisable recovery
- L2 MTU
Let me summarize some of the key takeaways related to Implement and Troubleshoot Switch Administration as relevant to CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 written exam blueprint topics.
Implement and Troubleshoot Switch Administration Exam Essentials
- In order to recover a port from the errdisable state, first identify and correct the root problem, and then
re-enable the port. If you re-enable the port before you fix the root problem, the ports just become error
- All Layer 3 ports, regardless of platform, are configured on a per-port basis (i.e. physical interface or
VLAN) whereas L2 MTUs can be configured either on per-port or through a QoS policy
- By default, MAC address learning is enabled on all interfaces and VLANs on the switch and MAC
address aging is set to 300 seconds
I sincerely hope that you found this article and video helpful. Please post your questions or suggestions in the comments and tell me how you are preparing for your CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 written and lab exams.