CCIE R&S 400-101 V5.1 Written Exam: Implement and Troubleshoot TrunkingPaul Adam
In this article, I will be discussing Cisco Implement and Troubleshoot Trunking as part of Layer 2 Technologies and LAN Switching Technologies CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 exam blueprint topics.
LAN Switching Technologies
- Implement and Troubleshoot Trunking
- VTPv1, VTPv2, VTPv3, VTP pruning
- Native VLAN
- Manual pruning
Let me summarize some of the key takeaways related to Implement and Troubleshoot Trunking as relevant to CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 written exam blueprint topics.
Implement and Troubleshoot Trunking Exam Essentials
- Mismatched native VLAN’s on opposite sides of a trunk can inadvertently create “VLAN
hopping”. This is often a method of intentional attack used to sneak into a network and is an
open security risk.
- In 802.1Q trunking, all VLAN packets are tagged on the trunk link, except the native VLAN
- EtherChannel is the Cisco term for the technology that enables the bonding of up to eight
physical Ethernet links into a single logical link.
- When a VTP3 device detects a VTPv2 update on a given trunk port, it will send both VTPv2
and VTP3 packets.
I sincerely hope that you found this article and video helpful. Please post your questions or suggestions in the comments and tell me how you are preparing for your CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 written and lab exams.