CCIE R&S V5.1 Written Exam: Identify Performance Routing [PfR]
I will be discussing Identify Performance Routing [PfR] as part of Layer 3 Technologies and Fundamental Routing Concepts CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 exam blueprint topics.
Identify Performance Routing [PfR] :
6.4 Network optimization
6.4.e Identify performance routing [PfR]
6.4.e [i] Basic load balancing
6.4.e [ii] Voice optimization
Let me summarize some of the key takeaways related to CCIE R&S V5.1 Written Exam: Implement and Troubleshoot Static Routing as relevant to CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 written exam blueprint topics.
- PfR has three monitoring modes of operations, namely
- Active mode: uses IP SLA probes
- Passive mode: uses NetFlow
- Fast mode: uses IP SLA probes (based on FRR feature)
- Delay, jitter, and packet loss are used to determine the best exit path by the PfR engine
- Event register keyword and body are must have components of an EEM policy
- If no primary PfR group links are available, the traffic classes are routed through the best link from the fallback group
- PfR provides direct route control over routes learned via static, BGP and EIGRP protocol
I sincerely hope that you found this article and video helpful. Please post your questions or suggestions in the comments and tell me how you are preparing for your CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) V5.1 written and lab exams.